With problem builders on the rise, it is more important than ever to make sure the builder you choose is licensed and reliable.
“We know that there is a large number of licence holders out there who probably quite frankly shouldn’t hold a licence or are not very active and therefore don’t need to hold a licence,” he said.” – Master Builders ACT president Michael Hopkins
To combat rogue builders, a much stricter licensing regime will be introduced in the ACT as of next year. This will involve targeted testing (with an 80% pass rate) during the renewal process as well as technical assessments for new applicants.
“If people are not building at sufficient quality … then we don’t want them in the industry here” – Regulatory Services Minister, Gordon Ramsay
These changes will help protect the public by ensuring only quality builders are on the job. Other traits you can look for are listed below.
Traits of A Reliable Builder
The best builders have the right combination of technical skills, building knowledge and experience. Look for these traits when researching your builder.
- Proven Track Record – Look at their building portfolio and make sure they have a history of successful builds.
- Experienced – An experienced builder will generally respond better when unexpected situations arise.
- Local – A local builder will be well connected with suppliers and other tradespeople.
- Innovative – Is your builder up to date with the latest building trends and industry innovations?
- Free Quotes – every building project has a budget, so your builder should be happy to offer an obligation free detailed quote.
Best Builder In Canberra
If you are looking for a reliable builder in Canberra, talk to Upright Building Services. We have over thirteen years of experience and keep up to date with industry changes. Contact us to arrange a free quote on your next building project. Covering all areas including Belconnen, Canberra Central, Gungahlin, Jerrabomberra, Weston Creek, Woden Valley and Tuggeranong.